Saturday, December 4, 2010

Xmas in the Corner

Though I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, I do not always love love love rearranging my entire apartment. Since I've spent the past two months reorganizing and decorating so I am not willing to rearrange yet again.

This year I isolated Christmas to the art corner of my apartment. This saves space and guarantees that I won't have any leftover items at the end of the season that I forgot to pack.

I hung my stocking, added a festive bag filled with last year's Xmas cards, photos of my Christmas pasts, and the box of brand new cards that I will mail....maybe. Finally, I added the cocunut nativity scene that my grandmother really loved and the string metal stockings I bought last year.

(I want the outlets available for my new MAC laptop, so I didn't even bother with my tree.)

Now I can enjoy the holiday without feeling like a total Scroog-ette.

1 comment:

Anne R. Allen said...

This is a time when everybody needs to learn to downsize. It sounds as if you've downsized your Christmas very nicely, without giving up your holiday spirit.

Post a Comment